From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Frank
Sent: Sunday, 27 August 2006 6:25 PM
To: Cisco certification
Subject: Connectivity at network boarders

Hi,

i'm playing with redistribution and trying to solve questions from the
ie
workbook. When they want redistribution and state

"to obtain reachability to all advertised networks"

does that mean, also to networks from neighbors BB1, BB2, BB3 or
do they only mean full reachability among the internal routing
domains?

In some cases this works and in others not. I would say, it depens
on the BB Routers. They need a route back to the "internal" network.

As i know, i have no access at all to the BB routers, i would say, i
can't
provide reachability there, i can only check if routers are reachable
at the network boarder.
So if i can ping BB1 from a boarder router next to, but can not ping
from
the internal network, or a traceroute stops at the boarder, i can't do
much more. Is that right? Or is therer more to check and to do?

Also, sometimes they distribute routes into the network like:
222.22.2.0/24. How would i know to check reachability? Do
i habe to "test" all ip addresses from 222.22.2.1-254? How to
i find out which address to test?

Thanks in advance.

Frank