Re: Re(2): ip redirects/ip unreachables posted 08/27/2006

Terribly sorry about the wrong link.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hiap_c/ichipip.htm#wp1049754

This time I got it right

Sabrina

--- Angelo De Guzman
<a.deguzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Sabrina,
>    This points to this link.
>
> How to Implement a Filtering Policy for Rendezvous
> Points
>
> Are you sure about this?
>
> Angelo
>
> sabrina pittarel  (8/27/06  10:05 AM):
> >
> >--- Evgeniy Voloshin <e.voloshin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Group,
> >>
> >> I not understand - if I do not want to send ICMP
> >> messages back, if
> >> traffic is sent out the same interface it was
> >> received on - so I must use:
> >> interface Eth 0/0
> >>  no ip redirects
> >
> >no ip redirects. ICMP redirects notify the sender
> on
> >the local subnet to use another router as gateway
> for
> >traffic toward a particular destination because it
> has
> >a more optimal path. The router realizes it has to
> >originate an ICMP redirect when it forwards traffic
> >out of the same interface from where it was
> received
> >(i.e. its path is not optimal).
> >
> >ICMP unreachable notifies the sender that a given
> >destination is not reachable thru this router
> >
> >See:
> >http://www.cisco.

com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801cb923..shtml