Re: CCIE Voice Lab PSTN Simulator posted 08/22/2006

Godswill,

We are using a router with NM-HDV & VWIC-2MFT-T1.  (2xPVDM-12)  It is
configured for Network Side.  It routes calls POTS - POTS via DID DPs.  It
also runs Gatekeeper and provides VOIP call routing.  Learned a lot
getting that tweaked up to behave like I want it to!

It would be nice if I had an extra NM slot , HDV & VWIC and could expand
this beyond 2 sites.  Currently to get PSTN connection to third site I
have to move a wire and lose connection on one of the other sites.

HTH

Jeffrey Golia
CCIE#14849
Tac Engineer (Converged Technology Services)
Verizon Business
Tel # 1-800-993-2264
email : Jeff.S.Golia@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Neil Moore" <neil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/19/2006 09:20 AM
Please respond to
"Neil Moore" <neil@xxxxxxxxxx>

"Godswill Oletu" <oletu@xxxxxxxx>
cc
"'Cisco certification'" <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject

Godswill Oletu wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> What do you guys use to simulator a true PSTN environment in your CCIE
(Voice)
> Home practice lab? I have seen a couple of PRI ISDN simulators on ebay
> promising alot. However, I do not know if they will deliver in terms of
actual
> B channels configuration on the router interface and the other nice
things we
> have come to love in the true PSTN environment and expect in the CCIE
> (Voice).
>
> I do not know if the second question fall in the realm of NDA, though I
doubt
> it but if you feel it does, please ignore. The CCIE (Voice) blue print
only
> states 'IP Phones' there is no indication of the type of phones viz:
7971,