RE: 802.1x question posted 08/14/2006

You running ACS? if so you can install a little module on your DC and tell ACS to get user info from there or turn on radius for AD and point the switches there. Its setup in my lab if you need to check it out.

From: "Plank, Jason" <JPlank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Group Study (E-mail)" <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 802.1x question
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:05:13 -0400

Now setting it up on a device is very simple, but I am running into an issue
that I was wondering someone could help me out with.

Is it possible to set up 802.1x to authenticate against our Active Directory
domain? We have it using a radius server now, which works if the users are
locally defined, no problem. Is there a way to use our AD domain and not
enter all the users manually?

Jason

Jason Plank, CCIE #16560
Network Engineer
101 Bellevue Parkway
Wilmington, DE 19809
E-mail: JPlank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:JPlank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 302-793-5913

----------------------------------------- The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.