Question on ACLs and TCP/UDP ports posted 08/13/2006

Hi all,
when I'm told that an application send traffic using
UDP port X, how should I interpret that?
As a destination or as a source port?
Some time the application runs on a client, sometime
on a server.
My first instict would be to use that information as a
destination port for traffic generated by the client
and as a source port for traffic generated by the
server...but I'm not sure that's correct. Looking at
many of the solutions in the IEWB it seems like it is
always used as destination port.

 Is there anything in the wording I should pay
attention to?

Thanks
Sabrina