Re: Spanning-Tree posted 08/13/2006

Hi Tony,

When they ask you to set the time fixed to 5 seconds. It's more likely to
adjust the forwarding time;

Configure the forward time of a VLAN. The forward delay is the number of
seconds a port waits before changing from its spanning-tree learning and
listening states to the forwarding state.

SW2(config)#spanning-tree vlan 1 forward-time 5

SW2#sh spanning-tree vlan 1 | i VLAN|ID|Forward
  Root ID    Priority    24577
             Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay  5 sec
  Bridge ID  Priority    24577  (priority 24576 sys-id-ext 1)
             Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay  5 sec

Paul Schuuring

"tony hall" <tony_hall123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/13/2006 01:41 PM
Please respond to
"tony hall" <tony_hall123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Group,
Can some one explain to me that how can I shortened the time for listening

and learning to 5 sec on my switch.Please if some one can explain in bit

Regards, Tony.

Windows Live Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!