Re: Spanning-Tree posted 08/13/2006

Hi Tony,

When they ask you to set the time fixed to 5 seconds. It's more likely to
adjust the forwarding time;

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12225see/scg/swstp.
htm#wp1150580

Configure the forward time of a VLAN. The forward delay is the number of
seconds a port waits before changing from its spanning-tree learning and
listening states to the forwarding state.

SW2(config)#spanning-tree vlan 1 forward-time 5

SW2#sh spanning-tree vlan 1 | i VLAN|ID|Forward
VLAN0001
  Root ID    Priority    24577
             Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay  5 sec
  Bridge ID  Priority    24577  (priority 24576 sys-id-ext 1)
             Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay  5 sec

Paul Schuuring

"tony hall" <tony_hall123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/13/2006 01:41 PM
Please respond to
"tony hall" <tony_hall123@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Spanning-Tree

Hi Group,
Can some one explain to me that how can I shortened the time for listening

and learning to 5 sec on my switch.Please if some one can explain in bit
detail.

Regards, Tony.