From: Michael Stout [mailto:michaelgstout@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 August 2006 01:08
To: Russell Kelly (rukelly); ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: OSPF Broadcast Network Type Running on Frame Relay Network
Question

I beleive it is a requirement to have a DR/BDR on a broadcast network.
If you want to use a DR only you need to convert to a multipoint, a non
broadcast, or a multipoint nonbroadcast.

If you debug the ospf hellos and adjacencies, you'll see what im talking
about.
I seems like ospf is happy to get a DR but it goes down when the bdr is
not elected. then the cycle repeats itself.

You can increase the hello and dead interval for the nonbroadcast
networks if you are in a hurry.
When your neighbor relationship established the debug will go crazy but
it will settle down.

I just saw a cool undebug all Kron job that runs every minute if you
want to do something to protect your session.

<Mike