as the "backup" command, then the router assumes you meant to do that and
won't backup!   Try shutdown from the other router.

Scott Morris, CCIE4 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713, JNCIE
#153, CISSP, et al.
CCSI/JNCI-M/JNCI-J
IPExpert VP - Curriculum Development
IPExpert Sr. Technical Instructor
smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ipexpert.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ELDHO PAUL
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:40 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Backup interface

Hi,

If I configure one interface as the backup interface of another using

int s3/0
backup delay 60 300
 backup interface Serial2/0

Is it that s2/0 will come up only if the cable is unplugged from s3/0?
If I do a shut down on s3/0, the serial interface 2/0 doesn't come up. Is it
an expected behaviour ?
Regards,
Eldho