ignore anything learned, but listens nonetheless.  Go figure.  Linux I'm not
sure about, though I assume it will listen to the announcements as well.

Scott Morris, CCIE4 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713, JNCIE
#153, CISSP, et al.
IPExpert VP - Curriculum Development
IPExpert Sr. Technical Instructor

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mathew Fernando
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 7:31 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IRDP in CCIE Lab & Real world use

Hi Group,

When we configure a CISCO router to announce itself as a Default gateway via
IRDP, I think all we need is to configure "ip irdp"
(minimum) under the LAN interface. Here I believe router acts as a server.

1. Is the IRDP client/server architecture?

2. Is this a dynamic way to tell the clients compared to static ways like

2. How do the Clients (Windows, Linux etc) learn this gateway?