IEWB 3.0 Lab19 Mcast 6.1 posted 04/27/2006

Are there any scenarios where it is possible that Auto RP will not be able to distribute the group to RP mappings utilizing sparse-mode, ip pim autorp listener to all the necessary routers as BSR could? The solution for IEWB Lab19 Sec 6.1 utilizes BSR, I didn't see any indication why Auto RP could not be used, however I wasn't able to get the Group to RP mappings propogated to R4. I don't see any indications of RPF failures to the MA/RP. I'm at a loss why Auto RP will not achieve the desired goal. Thoughts are appreciated.

NG