RE: Best practice to prevent routing loop posted 03/28/2006

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your answer.

After I study on this issue, I can prevent the loop by "never permit route
sent from one IGP get back into its own IGP" again, by filtering using:

1.    route-map with tag

2.    distribute-list, offset-list, or distance

every time when doing mutual redistribution more than 1 point.

I can check whether it is running routing loop by "show ip route", "ping
all_IP", and using:

1. show ip ospf database

2. show ip rip database

3. show ip eigrp topology