Re: bgp client-to-client reflection posted 03/27/2006

I believe the intent here is that the RR would reflect
routes from routers that are not RR-clients to the
RR-clients.  All other routes from the RR-clients
would not be reflected.

In this scenario the RR-clients would not have to peer
with the RR's non-RR-client peers.  But, they would
have full mesh peering with each other for redundancy.

I guess I could see some cases where this might make
sense depending on the physical topology of the
network.

--Brent

--- Nick Griffin <ngriffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Call me ignorant, but I'm having trouble thinking of
> a situation in
> which this command would be of value. Obviously
> there's a scenario when
> this is needed or it wouldn't be an option. I must
> be misunderstanding,
> because if I have RR clients that are fully meshed,
> then whats the point
> of making them RR clients?
>
> Thoughts apprecitated

Brent Foster