RE: IP RIP triggered posted 03/26/2006

Hi Robin,
Actually I did not use RIP triggered extension feature, but it seems
that you need to enable on both side.
After enable "ip rip triggered" on one of WAN interfaces,
you can make a "debug ip rip" on both side, to see what is happening.
Check also with "show ip rip database", you must see some of RIBs has
semipermanent age.

RFC2091 says;
In Triggered RIP, routing updates are only transmitted on the WAN
   when required:

   1  When a specific request for a routing update has been received.
   2  When the routing database is modified by new information from
      another interface.
   3  When the circuit manager indicates that a destination has changed
      from an unreachable (circuit down) to a reachable (circuit up)
      state.
   4  And also when a unit is first powered on to ensure that at least
      one update is sent.  This can be thought of as a transition from
      circuit down to circuit up.  It MAY contain no routes or services,
      and is used to flush routes or services from the peer's database

Regards,
Kemal