Re: tty message.......... posted 03/22/2006

Please excuse to put my nose here, but you can also do the send message part to for example save the configs for all the routers that are connected to the distinct lines or you can for example configure

send *
end
end
en
conf te
router ospf 1
network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 0
end

wr

John Matus escribis:
ahh,   awesome..........some bozo hijacked my lab w/out telling me
first...............rude dude!!!

Regards,

John D. Matus
Technical Support / PAS
Fujitsu Consulting
626-568-7716
John.Matus@xxxxxxxxxx

"Brian Dennis" <bdennis@xxxxxxxx workexpert.com> To "John Matus" 03/22/2006 03:28 <John.Matus@xxxxxxxxxx>, PM <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> cc Subject RE: tty message..........

Try the send command from exec mode.

First Telnet Session:

IE-AS#sho users | in bdennis
* 35 vty 17    bdennis    idle                 00:00:00 68.190.180.150
  36 vty 18    bdennis    idle                 00:00:47 68.190.180.150
IE-AS#send 36
Enter message, end with CTRL/Z; abort with CTRL/C:
test
^Z
Send message? [confirm]y
IE-AS#

Second Telnet Session:

IE-AS#

*** *** *** Message from tty35 to tty36: *** test

IE-AS#

Brian Dennis, CCIE #2210 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security) bdennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internetwork Expert, Inc.
http://www.InternetworkExpert.com
Toll Free: 877-224-8987
Direct: 775-745-6404 (Outside the US and Canada)

-----Original Message----- From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Matus Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:20 PM To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: tty message..........

***
***
*** Message from tty66 to all terminals:
***
Hey guy, can you let me finish up some testing real quick and then I
will
release r1-3 ?

how do you respond to something like this? i have no idea.

Regards,

John D. Matus
Technical Support / PAS
Fujitsu Consulting
626-568-7716
John.Matus@xxxxxxxxxx
================================
   This  e-mail  is  intended  solely  for  the  individual  to  whom it
is
addressed.   The   information  contained  in  this  transmission
contains
confidential  and/or proprietary information or is otherwise privileged.
If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please be
advised
that  any  dissemination,  distribution  or copying of this transmission
is
strictly  prohibited.  If  you  have  received this e-mail in error,
please
notify  us immediately by returning it to the sender and deleting this
copy
from     your     system.     Thank     you     for    your
cooperation.