From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Bill Wharton
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:26 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BGP timers

I know there are BGP timers for keepalive & holdtime but is there any
way to
speed up the process of BGP initialization from idle to active to
established?

In the lab, you are often changing parameters which require one to issue
'clear ip bgp' and when you do that, you have to wait over 30s for the
results. I'm trying to help this situation

Thanks