From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CCIEin2006
Sent: segunda-feira, 20 de Margo de 2006 15:01
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: BGP synchronization rule not working

Hey guys,

I'm doing a lab in which BGP synchronization must be enabled.
I know the rule states that a route must be in the IGP table before
advertised to BGP peer.

In this case I have an OSPF E2 route in my routing table:

Rack1R6#show ip route
Routing entry for
  Known via "ospf 1", distance 110, metric 20, type extern 2, forward metric
  Last update from on FastEthernet0/1, 13:21:38 ago
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  *, from, 13:21:38 ago, via FastEthernet0/1
      Route metric is 20, traffic share count is 1

But BGP is saying the route is not synchronized:

Rack1R6#show ip bgp
BGP routing table entry for, version 0
Paths: (1 available, no best path)
  Not advertised to any peer
  Local (metric 20) from (
      Origin IGP, metric 1, localpref 100, valid, internal, not synchronized

It is clearly being learned by OSPF, so why does BGP not consider
it synchronized?!?