Absolutely a wonderful thing, and I'm happy that your journey has gone well
and I was a part of it!

Scott Morris, CCIE4 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713, JNCIE
#153, CISSP, et al.
IPExpert CCIE Program Manager
IPExpert Sr. Technical Instructor
swm@xxxxxxxxxx/smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ipexpert.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ronald.kaduwa@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:18 PM
Cc: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: And the number is...

After 12 months of diligent hard work and shrugging off disappointments of
failed attempts at RTP, it is now my turn bask in the glory of the 3% of
certified professionals who go on to become experts.  I had a re-read
request fall through on the 3rd of March and straight away rescheduled
another attempt for the 10th so as to hit the rod while it was still hot. I
chose to try San Jose this time, although I don't think that had anything to
do with the outcome, ...or did it? All I know, is that this time around I
was prepared for whatever, wherever, whenever! I was getting fed up of
leaving the exam room at 4:45pm feeling confident I had passed, only to
remember stupid errors on my way back on the plane.
I cannot stress how important it is to swallow your pride and approach each
question with a humble mindset, no matter how easy it might look at first
and when you think you've understood it, read it again! Also, I learnt that
after all is done and dusted, the most important thing is to verify, verify
and verify your configs!! Oh what a help the tcl script is, as you are bound
to forget some networks when the heat is on! I am glad I had over 2 hours to
spare in which I used the script and other tools to satisfaction. These were
my pitfalls in my previous attempts, and after rectifying them I was
confident enough to leave some section unattempted because of my failure to
navigate the DocCD, but still believe I had done enough to pass. Well, it is
my pleasure to announce that I am the 15934th candidate to achieve the CCIE
status and what a journey it has been! Now I can relax and enjoy life a
little, but just for a while;)

God has been my number one source in this entire quest, and I owe my life to
him. Having said that, I would like to thank the "usual suspects" of this
study group whose emails back and forth have helped solidify my grip on the
various technologies as whole, not just for the exam. Special thanks to
Scott Morris for the inspiration you've been. I know it was about this time
last year when I told you to expect my number in month's time after taking
your class, but better late than
never:) I have enjoyed the learning experience, and being able to bounce
back after two falls has really built my character.

So, good luck to all the R&S wannabes, this thing really is achievable if
you keep the faith. As for me, it's bring on the Voice!!!!

Roni.
#15934.