Re: change in the CCIE lab exam environment... search is gone----that is not right. posted 03/12/2006

My $.02 - This should have always been the policy.

The search engine, though useful at times, also gave a false sense of security   to many - I know I personally though it would "get me by". After my NP/DP and a few years of support using the search engine, which *usually* guided me to a solution I thought...

I am glad they have "officially" removed it.

At the end of the day (depending on your timezome)
Know the material or know where to find it.

I heard back in the day, before my first attempt, before I knew GS existed, I had heard that there were actual books in the lab - My first attempt I looked over on the shelf and sure enough there were "some books". I asked the proctor if they were available for our use during the lab; He just smiled and said;

"Yes, but if you haven't read THOSE books yet you might want to turn around and leave now."

I smiled and replied - "Thanx, now I won't feel so bad when I fail!".
And I did :)
~M

>>> "Joshua Lauer" <jslauer@xxxxxxxxxxx> 03/12/06 5:28 PM >>>
I totally agree with you,

I never use the search function, I think it slows
you down actually. There is no faster way to find
the info than just knowing where it's at.

I printed out the entire doc cd (12.2, 12.3 and
12.4) and arranged it into 3 ring binders. Then I
went through each and every page...tedius, but I
found it's really the best way to learn.

jl
Joshua Lauer
CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCIP, RHCE, INFOSEC,
CISSP, CEH