RE: block DTP posted 03/12/2006
- Subject: RE: block DTP
- From: "Nadeem Lughmani" <lughmani@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:49:52 -0800
- Cc: "'CCIE 4 Me'" <ccie4me@xxxxxxxx>, "'Victor Cappuccio'" <cvictor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mushtaq A. Khan'" <mak.ccie2b@xxxxxxxxx>, <jnkmail4eva@xxxxxxxxx>, <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:thread-index:in-reply-to:x-mimeole; b=EEiwgFo3yYVa4pPgdDrRasycETQ3GBiqtuqPz4cXhZVLSjp4fAH2Hd/S50IJCvTS76gI1X93gVb2HeTsDTBLvlNbwaj+Hpt2dHc4eUDYg0IXpK0o3224kKPvp4cmxr08tgvS8o61d6tQaOiHKUdd6ntBRSt+uk3//qhwYcA5T18=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcZF6+4LFWm5Ynj6T2isc7p4RHgyjgACQCRA
Oops CDP was a typo for DTP..
From: James Ventre [mailto:messageboard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:45 AM
To: Nadeem Lughmani
Cc: 'CCIE 4 Me'; 'Victor Cappuccio'; 'Mushtaq A. Khan';
Subject: Re: block DTP
>I understand that just doing "sw mode acc" can disable CDP and VTP.
Just DTP and VTP (since VTP only runs on trunks) .... not CDP.
Nadeem Lughmani wrote:
> What if the question asks to disable DTP and VTP on ports fa0/1-fa0/10.
> I understand that just doing "sw mode acc" can disable CDP and VTP.
> But what if later in the lab if one of these ports needs to be
> trunked, in this case now vtp is not disabled.
> In this case now we have to do "vtp mode tran" as vtp can only be
> enabled/disabled per switch basis not per port basis.
> Am I right?