or less. (/16) that you started with, all the way to (/30)
that is your ending criteria.

Scott Morris, CCIE4 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713, JNCIE
#153, CISSP, et al.
IPExpert CCIE Program Manager
IPExpert Sr. Technical Instructor

-----Original Message-----
From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Mushtaq A. Khan
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:00 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IP Prefix-List issue

I have recently read one very good posting on prefix-list in the groupstudy
and thought I now understand it very well but look like I still have some
confusions. Can someone help me out here.

For the prefix list "ip prefix-list permit ge 30 le 30" I think
it will match the first 16 bits and will use a mask of If
this is correct, will this permit and or only the mask seems to limit to match the 30th bit.