Dialer Watch posted 10/23/2005

Somehow my DW is not working...when I shut down the FR link from remote
end or
from the FR switch, it vanishes from the routing table, but DW is not
In the past I had inconsistency and do not want to waste any time in the
lab on these
things. Would like to know some tips on testing DW in the lab...?

Also, how would you test backup interface when you cannot make the line
go down
(I guess no access to FR switch) in the lab...?

interface BRI0/0
 description *** to R5 ***
 ip address
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer idle-timeout 5
 dialer map ip name Rack02R5 broadcast 40811
 dialer watch-group 1 <---------------------
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-ni
 isdn spid1 40821 40821
 no peer neighbor-route
 compress stac
 ppp chap password 0 CISCO
 no clns route-cache
dialer watch-list 1 ip <------ Loopback of R5
dialer watch-list 1 delay route-check initial 120
dialer watch-list 1 delay disconnect 30

Rack02R4#sh ip route
Routing entry for
  Known via "ospf 1", distance 110, metric 65, type intra area
  Last update from on Serial0/0, 00:05:29 ago
  Routing Descriptor Blocks:
  *, from, 00:05:29 ago, via Serial0/0
      Route metric is 65, traffic share count is 1