"switchport nonegotiate" & DTP traffic posted 10/21/2005

Hi, Group,

it is not difficult to understand that "switchport nonegotiate" is
used to disable DTP traffic when the interface port is in trunk mode.
However, I found from Cisco Documentation that "switchport
nonegotiate" is valid when the interface switchport mode is access or
trunk.

As DTP is used to negotiate interfaces to become trunk, what is the
use of "switchport nonegotiate" when I already hardcode the interface
to become access port. Is DTP still being sent even when the interface
port is in access port?

i.e.
Rack2R7#s run int  f0/25
Building configuration...