From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nawaz, Ajaz
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 2:35 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 3550 retained config after write erase [bcc][faked-from]

Despite executing 'write erase' followed by reload I noticed the vtp
domain
name along with any previously configured vlans still appearing in the
config. As you may know the default vtp mode is 'Server'. However I had
manually set this to 'Transparent' - this didn't go away too after the
write
erase.

Show vlan displays vlans existing before write erase, as active?
I expected the equivalent of 'clear config all' was 'write erase'

It seems to clear the rest of the config...  e.g hostname, intf settings
etc. Nothing is attached to the switchports where it could dynamically
learn
this information. Even if it did how this does explain the retention of
vtp
domain name?

Image c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-13.EA1a (I've not b/scrubbed it yet)

tia
Ajaz Nawaz

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is
intended
exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official
policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received
it
in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from
your
system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or
disclose its contents to anyone.     Please note we reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external
networks.