distance command 2nd take posted 08/13/2005

This issue was debated on a previous discussion, but not regarding ISIS.

When you wish to increase distance of routes from one source speaking
ISIS, (let's say  you'd insert the command distance 120
It does not work. When I do distance 120 in deed
I'm able to increase distance,
but I'd like something more granular.

I think that I'm failing to identify the source from which the routing
update is coming from, but I have in my table as next hop of the
In OSPF you have to identify the neighbor ID for this command fo work as

Is it because the route is carried on a LSP and the source is not
identifiable as an IP address, as is OSPF?

I'd appreciate your thoughts...