distance command 2nd take posted 08/13/2005
- Subject: distance command 2nd take
- From: "Gustavo Novais" <gustavo.novais@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:19:19 +0100
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcWgVQxsBsC/QfmqQoWsHxE2rAgU/A==
- Thread-topic: distance command 2nd take
This issue was debated on a previous discussion, but not regarding ISIS.
When you wish to increase distance of routes from one source speaking
ISIS, (let's say 184.108.40.206) you'd insert the command distance 120 220.127.116.11
It does not work. When I do distance 120 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 in deed
I'm able to increase distance,
but I'd like something more granular.
I think that I'm failing to identify the source from which the routing
update is coming from, but I have 18.104.22.168 in my table as next hop of the
In OSPF you have to identify the neighbor ID for this command fo work as
Is it because the route is carried on a LSP and the source is not
identifiable as an IP address, as is OSPF?
I'd appreciate your thoughts...