Re: OSPF into BGP - Default route posted 07/08/2005
- Subject: Re: OSPF into BGP - Default route
- From: John Do <mcseccnp03@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:12:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=tCUkhyDbS7R2+2TROi6LYE67jedakBkO32TLGQcR+3m98qHJVoPht4ebtFxrNxx1eBYDZR5OncrALuLUQEJT28tU4PiI0F8F3BbT6FM78y1j6kZMLRgPM5ofa0GLQGJ1Imn3ZOZSARIkX3lFPOZP9OyEFNT792iwOO1Cb9Cr9CA= ;
- In-reply-to: <6E7BA75173292D468785BBBAA740FC9B03D078@le-email.leeds.azzurri.local>
For the default-information originate command to work you must make sure that they is a default route in the routing table. Also, you can use the default-information originate always command which does not follow the rule of default route in the table.
router ospf 10
network 18.104.22.168 0.255.255.255 area 1
network 22.214.171.124 0.255.255.255 area 0
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 126.96.36.199
Leigh Harrison <leigh.harrison@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm having a little trouble sending a default route into bgp from ospf.
I have my ospf network (ospf ip 10) and my bgp network (bgp as 102).
My redistribution line in the bgp config is:-
router bgp 102
redistribute ospf 10 metric 1234 match internal external 1 external 2
I've got some loopbacks on one router going into ospf as E2 routes and
they redistribute just fine. I've put the "default-information
originate" command in to pass out the default gateway, but it does not
appear in the routing table of the bgp only routers.
Do I need to add in "nssa-external 2" into the ospf redist ?
Many thanks in advance.
Mobile: 07989 605 806
Office: 0870 410 5868
Fax: 0870 410 0003
"Any opinions expressed in this mail are those of the individual and not
necessarily the company. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
Please either notify a member of Azzurri Communications Leeds' Internal
IT support by telephone +44 (0)870 4442838 or by replying to this mail
and advising accordingly. Thank you for your co-operation"
Subscription information may be found at:
Sell on Yahoo! Auctions - No fees. Bid on great items.