From: ccie2be [mailto:ccie2be@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 December 2004 13:02
To: Group Study
Subject: Tracking packets denied by a ACL

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out the difference between using the log keyword at the
end of an acl entry versus

using the interface command, ip accounting access-violations.

They both seem like they do pretty much the same thing, so I'm not that clear
on when I should use one versus the other.

If any of you have some ideas about this, I'd like to hear from you because
I'd hate to lose points on something like this in the lab.

Also, which method do people think is better for a production network?

TIA, Tim

***********  Department of Agriculture and Food ***************

The information contained in this email and in any
attachments is confidential and is designated solely
for the attention and use of the intended recipient(s).
This information may be subject to legal and professional
privilege.  If you are not an intended recipient of
this email, you must not use, disclose, copy,
distribute or retain this message or any part of it.
If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
this email from your computer system(s).