RE: Using IOS to generate a specific volume of traffic posted 11/23/2004

You can use WAN KILLER tool to do that, it comes as part of solarwinds

-----Original Message-----
From: Edwards, Andrew M [mailto:andrew.m.edwards@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 12:51 PM
To: ccie2be; Group Study
Subject: RE: Using IOS to generate a specific volume of traffic

Tim,

I know SAA is a good tool to generate traffic of various types.  Can be
very useful to verify configuration if you have the time to throw it
together.  They do have some new 12.2T Framerelay type definitions for
SLA monitoring, but my quick glance did not reveal that it has a
"traffic generator for a specified rate" effect... Here's the link
though if you want to look further.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/
ffun_c/fcfprt3/fcf017.htm

Andy