IEWB task 4.6-4.8--ppp chap over a serial link. posted 11/19/2004

Hi Guys,

I tried to test ppp chap authentication on a point to point serial link.  It seems like authentication is not working.  Even after removing ppp chap hostname command I can ping the remote peer. When debugging for ppp authenitcation, it seems like authentication is not working.  Guys does ppp chap authentication supports over point to point serial link.

thanks

Mani
username R4_T1 password 0 CISCO

interface Serial0