Filtering BGP aggragates (IEWB lab 12 task 6.26 - 6.27) posted 11/04/2004

Hi guys,

I'm trying to filter an aggregate by using a neighbor x.x.x.x prefix-list
statement.  But, it seems like it's not working as expected.  So far, I've
been unable to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Essentially, the task requirement is to advertise an aggregate to some
neighbors, but not to other neighbors.  And, with the prefix filter I want to
filter just the aggregate - nothing more and nothing less.

Here's the config:
******************************
ip prefix-list AGG deny 129.3.0.0/16

router bgp 200
aggregate-address 129.3.0.0 255.255.0.0

neighbor x.x.x.x prefix-list AGG out

It seems simple enough but after configuring this, the bgp tables are missing
much more than just the AGGregate.

I also tried using this prefix:

ip prefix-list AGG permit 129.3.0.0/16 but that was worse.

Can anyone tell me how I'm screwing up?

TIA, Tim