MCAST questions posted 10/16/2004
- Subject: MCAST questions
- From: Cisco Net <network.cisco@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:28:05 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=mgY+fx0pF8HHzqK7duOoY3uGhJpyQzqrNtC7S+gghEXiucjUW87BuDr6vQ3ob8L9jIuxYfcxpcjWm5xpvKuyaSJMSL+8bFPTCrsGhSt32jYbx+uOVfSQtnN7buohKYq9Zy/rkwLYDx1OZAYBlUPAJRbk7/WP5e+TbcqLsNrI9PQ
Please verify these questions,
1) If there are 2 paths between 2 routers and if multicast with pim/dense/sparse
mode is enabled, what is the decision criterial to select the path.
Does ip mroute static command influence on deciding the path ?
(I know that ip mroute is used for influencing the rpf check but not sure about
the actual traffic).
I have 2 paths between R1 and R3, through frame-relay serial and GRE Tunnel.
Now Tunnel IPs are not part of any IGP and i still see that remote router
is joining through the tunnel.
I am wonderig what is the path decision critira for the mcast traffic
to pick the tunnel interface ?
2) My requirement says to enable a multicast mode in which if sparse
fail, dense should kick in and i think the answer is pim sparse-dense
Also sice this setup is a multipoint frame connectivity and i hv to
enable ip pim
The complexity here is that according to the documentation pim nbma
mode should be enabled only when the type is "sparse" mode. But if the
type i configure as sparse mode, i will not meet the original
requirment (if sparse fails dense mode should kick in)
Any advice please