Re: Cannot re-connect to routers unless I issue the "clear line x" multiple times on Terminal server posted 10/03/2004

Hi,

Try setting "flowcontrol hardware" on the terminal server for Cisco's.

Funny thing is, for Xyplex 1620 Terminal Servers, I had to use
software flowcontrol in order to get disconnect properly and not
get hung sessions.

I think it may be due to the RS-232 cabling/wiring that is used
on different devices.

Cheers.

Capt.Spock wrote:
I have couple of routers connected to terminal server. I cannot
re-connect to routers unless I issue the "clear line x" multiple times
on Terminal server...

Ex:-
cle line 1
cle line 1
cle line 1
cle line 1

Sounds as if the terminal server has some kind of limited buffer.

Any help is appreciated.