Re: frame relay QoS posted 09/27/2004

=============
I have to find a solution so I can prevent certain packets to be lost in
a Frame Relay network.
I am thinking of some Discard Eligibility technique

There was a discussion about this on the recent past.
DE can help, but take this into account: if the FR network discards all DE frames and there is congestion, the FR network will discard other frames.

The only solution is not to send more than the CIR, but in this case you will not take advantage of what the FR technology offers (burst higher than the contracted circuit).

Frame-Relay traffic shaping with BECN will sense the FR network and slow down the transmition rate if there is congestion. This maybe the solution you are looking for.

What do you think?