Re: RE: ATM Back to Back for SVC's posted 09/20/2004

=======
quoted
** PVC - Dialer Profiles **
int atm2/0
no ip address
pvc 1/44
encap aal5snap
protocol ppp dialer
dialer pool-member 1

interface dialer1
ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
encap ppp
dialer pool 1
=======

Joe,

Have you tested these configuration. I tried it but it is not working. Version is 12.2(23)

ATM#sh run
interface ATM0
 pvc 0/108
  protocol ppp dialer
  dialer pool-member 8
!
interface Dialer8
 ip address 172.16.108.10 255.255.255.0
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer pool 8

R8#sh run

interface ATM6/0/0
 pvc 0/108
  protocol ppp dialer
  dialer pool-member 8
 !
!
interface Dialer8
 ip address 172.16.108.8 255.255.255.0
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer pool 8

swr1#sh atm vc
           VCD /                                        Peak  Avg/Min Burst
Interface  Name         VPI   VCI  Type   Encaps   SC   Kbps   Kbps   Cells  Sts
6/0/0      2              0     5  PVC    SAAL     UBR  155000                UP
6/0/0      1              0    16  PVC    ILMI     UBR  155000                UP
6/0/0      4              0   108  PVC    SNAP     UBR  155000                UP

swr1#p 172.16.108.10

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 172.16.108.10, timeout is 2 seconds:
Success rate is 0 percent (0/5)

I already tested it without using the PPP configuration, just to check the ATM switch stuff, and it is working fine.

Do you have an URL that explain these configurations?