From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 8:19 AM
Cc: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: summarizes IGP routes

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 08:04:29AM +0700, IMAM wrote:
> Dear group
> Any body know the command in OSPF to summarize  routes but the
> routes still exist in other router like aggregate x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
> command in BGP without anything

You can't summarize routes once it enters area 0, but you can before
it enters backbone area. You can do this while redistributing, which
summary-addr should do. If you are doing this from a non-backbone area,
you can summarize them by using 'area X range a.b.c.d etc' to have them
aggregated when entering the backbone.

James Jun                                            TowardEX
Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT
james@xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Boston-based Colocation & Bandwidth
cell: 1(978)-394-2867           web: , noc: