RE: audio bootcamp series : IE or IpExp ? posted 09/05/2004

Like most anything, it is only as useful as you make it.

I have listened to a few of the CDs from IPexpert and to be quite honest, if
you just listen to them in your car while driving to and from work, they are
of limited value. You may get some inspirations of things to watch out for,
but you probably won't remember them.

What I did try was to listen to a CD in a quiet room, taking notes, and I
have found them to be quite effective (however, it takes about an hour and a
half to get through one CD this way, as you need to stop it to get down the
nuggets of info, and to check your routers to see what the actual commands
are (especially on the obscure stuff you are not quite familiar with)

The other thing is I have found it is quite useful to create your own
workbook, not use the one that comes with it, this way you are developing a
guide for yourself from the CDs...

The problem is that I have only gotten a small sample (the first three CDs)
and it kind of makes you want quite a bit more... I am probably going to
have to buy the things.

This is the other problem, the cost. They aren't cheap at about $700...

Which, to be honest, isn't that bad, but still more than I have lying
around... (To be quite honest, I would rather save the $700 and use that
cash to go to Scott's bootcamp...)

Jonathan Charles
SBC
CCNP/CCDP, NNCSE, NNCSS, MCSE