RE: OT - Frame relay QOS posted 08/26/2004

If you have 0k CIR, then you SP guarantees you nothing.  You can queue and
shape to your hearts' content, but once it enters the SP cloud, traffic is
traffic.

You must somehow interact with your SP to be sure that voice traffic has
different consideration on their end.  We call this an SLA, and I'm sure
your sales-person will fix one up for you!

Remember that all this fancy QoS and traffic-shaping mumbo-jumbo is only
detailing YOUR view of things, and on a per hop basis.

Scott Morris, CCIE4 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713, CISSP,
JNCIP, et al.
IPExpert CCIE Program Manager
IPExpert Sr. Technical Instructor
swm@xxxxxxxxxx/smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx