snmpset to recover router VTY password posted 06/18/2004

Hi

I have a remote router, R1 that I can not access because VTY password is not known. The SNMP with Write access is configured on the router R1.

R1 ----------- R2

	Linux server with "SNMPSET" command

I can not send a config file to R1 with a VTY password using the "SNMPSET" command from my linux server as the TFTP source IP is not correctly set on the R1 (command "ip tftp source-interface" is not configured). I can ping R1 from my linux server, SNMPwalk works and I can telnet to R1 (I can not login as the VTY password is not known).

There is full IP connectivity between R1 & R2 and I know for sure that R1 can get a config file, stored in flash of R2 via TFTP if I make the R2 TFTP server with the command, "tftp-server".

I need to know how to use the SNMPset command on my linux server to instruct the R2 to send the config file to R1.

Is this possible?

I have tried the below command but it did not work.

snmpset -c <RW community> <routerIP> 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.53.#.#.#.# s conf

#.#.#.# <- TFTP server IP = R2
<routerIP> = R1

Can you please help on this?

Thanks