RE: VPN and IDS boxes!!!! posted 05/12/2004

Absolutely true!  Look at the economics.  :)

I know it's been a while since anyone mentioned it, but these things all
fall into the category of "Anything is Fair Game"...  Know it all!

You may get a lab that doesn't have IDS.  You may get a lab that has a LOT
of IDS.  Do you know before you show up which lab you're getting?  No.

In the R&S....  You may get DLSW, or you may not.  You may have L3 stuff
spread throughout your switches, you may have a simple L2 architecture.  You
never know.

Just like the Boy Scouts say...  "Be Prepared"

Scott Morris, CCIE4 (R&S/ISP-Dial/Security/Service Provider) #4713, CISSP,
JNCIP, et al.
IPExpert CCIE Program Manager
IPExpert Sr. Technical Instructor
swm@xxxxxxxxxx/smorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx