RE: VPN and IDS boxes in Security Lab. posted 05/10/2004

Before responding I suggest you read then put a little more thought into
what is being asked.

I read the NDA and I think it is safe for anyone who sat the lab to
reinforce what is already general knowledge provided by Cisco.

I have never sat the lab but I can say that VPN and IDS boxes are going to
be in the lab because Cisco has said so and common sense would tell you that
they will be there. After I sit the lab I will not be gagged by the NDA from
repeating this statement or from stating these types of opinions for the
first time.

I agree we should walk a fine line in the kind of information we give out
but we also should not hush legitimate questions as was the case here. There
is far too little traffic in this group as it is. I would love to see fierce
arguments about network security issues rather than NDA security issues.

Brad