From: nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
David Hurtado
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 9:19 PM
To: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PPP callback question

Hello everybody. I have  a couple of questions about PPP callback:

1.- The Doc CD explains that the "dialer callback-secure" is used to avoid
to call back users that are not authorized.

But this is already done by the "dialer callback-server" command (If you
only enable "dialer callback-server" without "dialer callback-secure", only
the users that are authenticated can be called back. You don't need "dialer
callback-secure" at all).

What i have seen is that if you configure "dialer callback-secure", the
router will not accept calls that don't negotiate call back. I mean that if
you try to call the router without callback negotiation, the call will never

be accepted.

I hope somebody could tell me if my understanding is rigth, because the Doc
CD explanation is so confusing.

2.- I have been trying to configure PPP callback identiyfing the return call

during negotiation (using "dialer callback-server dialstring"), but i can't
make it work.

Please, tell me what i'm doing wrong. Here are the configurations:

R5

interface BRI0/0
ip address 167.1.45.5 255.255.255.224
encapsulation ppp
dialer idle-timeout 60
dialer map ip 167.1.45.4 name ROUTER4 broadcast 5272024
dialer map ip 167.1.45.4 name ROUTER4 broadcast 5272026 dialer-group 1 isdn
switch-type basic-ni isdn spid1 51552720250101 5272025 isdn spid2
51552720270101 5272027 ppp callback request ppp authentication chap callback

R4

interface BRI0/0
ip address 167.1.45.4 255.255.255.224
encapsulation ppp
dialer idle-timeout 60
dialer map ip 167.1.45.5 name Rack1R5 class CALL broadcast 5272027 dialer
map ip 167.1.45.5 name Rack1R5 class CALL broadcast 5272025 dialer-group 1
isdn switch-type basic-ni isdn spid1 51552720240101 5272024 isdn spid2
51552720260101 5272026 isdn caller 5272027 isdn caller 5272025 ppp callback
accept ppp chap hostname ROUTER4 ppp chap password 0 CISCO

map-class dialer CALL
dialer callback-server dial-string

Thanks for the help