RE: Dialer Watch posted 03/23/2004

Ahmed,

What routing protocol was running? What was the cost of the path via isdn vs the primary link? What was the dialer idle-timeout setting?

From: "Ahmed Mustafa" <ahmed.mustafa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Dialer Watch Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 00:14:57 -0800

How to bring the Bri interfaced down automatically after primary link has come
back up.

I have configured dialer watch incase primary goes down in a lab environment.
I brought my Primary link down, and I noticed that ISDN kicked in and started
installing routes from various sources.

I brought my primary link up, and noticed that all the routes have been put
back in place via primary gateway, but my ISDN connection never went down. It
finally went down after I would say more than 7 minutes

I couldn't find out the default timer for ISDN to go down.

Thanks,

Ahmed