Traffic shaping on Cat3550 posted 03/23/2004

Hello group,

  Suppose we have a cat 3550 configured as a L3 switch connected to an ISP.
The connection is at 100Mbps but the provider is rate limiting at 4 Mbps. I
suppose the ISP is dropping all the traffic bursting beyond 4 Mbps. Also I
suppose it is very easy to burst beyond 4 M if the link is configured at 100
M ?

What could you suggest as a solution. I would like Traffic Shaping but with
Cat3550 it's only possible to do Traffic Policing no ?

Thanks,

Richard Dumoulin