Frame-relay interface-dlci command dependancy on physical interfaces posted 03/20/2004

Hi All,

I understand the use of this command with ptp or ptmp sub intf's.. however
if I use this command on a physical intf (on a spoke router).. AND after I
have confirgured static maps, i cannot remove this command unless i have
removed the static maps first. The following IOS msg is parsed out:

R5(config-if)#no frame-relay interface-dlci 501
%Cannot remove PVC as being referenced by map statement

Is there any reason why the command seems to bind to the static maps when
not really required in the first place for a phy intf?