Frame-relay interface-dlci command dependancy on physical interfaces posted 03/20/2004

Hi All,

I understand the use of this command with ptp or ptmp sub intf's.. however
if I use this command on a physical intf (on a spoke router).. AND after I
have confirgured static maps, i cannot remove this command unless i have
removed the static maps first. The following IOS msg is parsed out:

R5(config-if)#no frame-relay interface-dlci 501
%Cannot remove PVC as being referenced by map statement
R5(config-if)#

Is there any reason why the command seems to bind to the static maps when
not really required in the first place for a phy intf?

Thanks
Serran