RE: Lab Tip question? posted 03/19/2004

BTW, I discovered that if some DLCI's were dynamicallly assigned before I disabled fram inverse-arp, I was able to get rid of them with "clear fram inarp" or something like that - different versions of IOS seem to have slightly different versions of that command.

From: "Dave Swink (dswink)" <dswink@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Packet Man'" <ccie2b@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Lab Tip question?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:39:53 -0600

Yeah, this is intended as a lab-centric tip only, not real-world. There
could theoretically be a requirement that unspecified DLCIs not even
appear in your "show frame-relay pvc".

I got into the habit of using no arp frame-relay when I was frustrated
with trying to kill unwanted DLCIs. If you configure the commands to
prevent inverse arp after turning the interface up, you will need to
reboot the router to get rid of them. It was a belt & suspenders thing.
If no frame inverse-arp does the job by itself, that is great.

Dave Swink, CCIE #11678