De: Church, Chuck [mailto:cchurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviado el: jueves, 18 de marzo de 2004 4:17
Para: Richard Dumoulin
CC: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: RE: OSPF routes

I've seen 2600s with 32 megs of RAM handle 1400 OSPF inner and intra-area
routes without issue.  Don't remember the memory statistics though.  4000
shouldn't be an issue with even 32.  Looking at:

Route Source    Networks    Subnets     Overhead    Memory (bytes)
connected       1           0           132         144
static          1           0           64          144
ospf 1          21          61          5248        11808

from a router, you can see that each OSPF route uses under 200 bytes.  4000
routes is still under a megabyte.  There are other limiting factors to why
OSPF won't scale to a whole internet table such as number of neighbors and
links, but with just 4000, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Wam!Net Government Services - Design & Implementation Team
13665 Dulles Technology Dr. Ste 250
Herndon, VA 20171
Office: 703-480-2569
Cell: 703-819-3495