Re: Redistribute connected route-map ? posted 03/18/2004

You don't 'have to' create a route-map to limit which
connected interfaces are being redistributed, but it
is preferred.  One thing to keep in mind is that there
is a difference between a network that is included in
a routing protocol, and a network that is
redistributed into a routing protocol.  For example,
say you have a router running EIGRP and OSPF and
redistributing between them.  If you add a loopback
interface and use 'redistibute connected' to add the
interface to OSPF, the route will not be redistributed
to the EIGRP.

Sincerely,
Marvin Greenlee
Network Learning, Inc.