Re: class sequence in policy-map posted 03/17/2004

Ato .. I've found that the policy-map is sequence dependant. In this example, .. I don't think the UDP class would scoop all the RTP traffic

SANCHEZ-MONGE,ANTONIO (HP-France,ex2) wrote:

Hi Aldo,

With this policy map you are limiting bandwidth for data and reserving
bandwidth for voice. These actions are completely compatible and the order
does not affect the behaviour. In fact, limiting data would help voice to go
through, but not the other way around. Anyway when you use MQC each class
goes in a different queue and the only conflict comes when the total
bandwidth reserved for the classes exceeds the reservable bandwidth in the
interface.

However I take advantage of your question to ask another (I saw a similar
one but did not see the answer). In the following policy map:

policy-map overlap
	class IP
	bandwidth 150
	class UDP