De: Packet Man [mailto:ccie2b@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviado el: viernes, 12 de marzo de 2004 23:58
Para: ccielab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Config RP addr on the RP itself?

Hi guys,

According to Solie (PS vII), newer releases of IOS require that the RP
address be configured on the RP itself.  However, in the Doc CD, for IOS
12.2, it says that the RP can figure out if it's the RP from the join
messages it gets.  (I assume Solie is referring to those networks where the
RP is configured manually, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.)

What releases of IOS is Solie taking about?  What's the easiest way to tell
if it's necessary to configure the rp-address?  Is there a particular show
command that useful for this?

Thanks in advnaced. pm