Config RP addr on the RP itself? posted 03/12/2004

Hi guys,

According to Solie (PS vII), newer releases of IOS require that the RP address be configured on the RP itself. However, in the Doc CD, for IOS 12.2, it says that the RP can figure out if it's the RP from the join messages it gets. (I assume Solie is referring to those networks where the RP is configured manually, but please correct me if I'm mistaken.)

What releases of IOS is Solie taking about? What's the easiest way to tell if it's necessary to configure the rp-address? Is there a particular show command that useful for this?

Thanks in advnaced. pm

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral. http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx