Re: OT: Voice quality MIB posted 03/10/2004

Doubtfull that mib would be uselful if some other device is doing the ip encoding. All the network see's is a stream of udp data.
You could (and should) create policy maps to properly identify this traffic and put it into an LLQ queue
There's a QOS mib that can look at the policy map and pull back stats. (but its' a very complex mib... it's not just a simple job of reading a counter)

Airalgerie123@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Group

We are using our network to carry voice traffic, no dial-peer etc.. we use a different Vendor's system to switch voice calls.

Voice call are made, conected to PBX, which then connected to IP network and terminates at a switch.

Would this mib "CISCO-VOICE-DIAL-CONTROL-MIB" still show meaningfull data.

The whole VOICE is not fully implemented yet and therefore I cannot test it.

Cheers

Sam